Today I’d like to tilt my head back, tipping off silly petty worries as my eyes seek out that blessing, our brilliantly versatile roof; with its deep penetrating darkness adorned by a billion beautiful stars, flickering with all their humbling beauty; or gathering voluminous white clouds, making me want to raise and swipe an arm through them, the cold dew, dampening my skin; or sporting a brilliant bright blue, exuding smile-inducing cheerfulness; or the fiery, astounding amalgam of colours at sunrise and sunset; or the dark heaviness of the sky before rain or the indigo mists running over the moon on a cloudy night…
In the Name of Allah, the most Gracious, the most Merciful
1. Blessed is He in Whose Hand is the dominion, and He is Able to do all things.
2. Who has created death and life, that He may test you which of you is best in deed. And He is the All-Mighty, the Oft-Forgiving;
3. Who has created the seven heavens one above another, you can see no fault in the creations of the Most Beneficent. Then look again: “Can you see any rifts?”
4. Then look again and yet again, your sight will return to you in a state of humiliation and worn out.
5. And indeed We have adorned the nearest heaven with lamps, and We have made such lamps (as) missiles to drive away the Shayatin (devils), and have prepared for them the torment of the blazing Fire.